Level Up To A-plus Quality Essay
Put those mediocre B-minus essays on the trash pile and level up to A-plus quality. Hopefully, with a little bit of guidance, you can successfully transition from a good writer, to a fantastic one. So put a bit of thinking into your projects, work a little harder, and don’t be afraid to try a few new strategies to turn your essay into a piece that will impress your teacher.
Composing An MLA Format Opinion Essay Easily
If your instructor asks you to compose an MLA format opinion essay, you have two tasks at hand. It would mean to write an opinion write-up and present it in MLA style.
Let us first learn what an opinion essay is. It is a piece of writing which should be written in formal language. In this type of writing you are required to give your opinion on the topic mentioned and support your views with logic, reason and examples. You must also mention the opposing views in the later part of your writing.
In short the structure of the writing should be like this:
- Introduction- in this part you should introduce the topic and also give your opinion. One paragraph would be enough for writing introduction.
- Body-this part in contain several paragraphs, each of which should touch different viewpoints with support of reasons and examples. You can have 3 to 5 paragraphs depending on the word limit.
- Conclusion- Summarise and write in support of your viewpoint. This part can have one paragraph.
MLA style is a particular way of presenting the writing. It would require you follow the following format settings:
- Use double spacing, font size 12 and have 1 inch margin on both sides.Use hanging indent paragraph format.
- There should not be extra spacing between the paragraphs. Usually Times New Roman font is preferred in this style.
- The line spacing should be at 2.0, but it can be varied at 1.9 and 2.1 also to meet the page requirements.
- You must give page header with page number and name on every sheet at the right upper corner.
- This style of formatting requires an informative title and information about your writing.
- Author and page number have to be written without comma. Full stop and comma should not be written in inline quotes.
- If you quote from other sources, the names of the sources have to be mentioned in a list in alphabetical order. Check if you are asked to have separate lists for different types of work cited. If yes, make different lists.
- If you refer from an article mention if it is from a periodical or a chapter and whether it is printed or electronic. If you cite the work from a book, mention if it is electronic or printed. In case the citing is from webpage write the name of the blog, or company website or, YouTube video. All the works cited can be mentioned together by filling a form.
By combining these two writings, you can write this easily.